Campus telephone setup requests

What is it?

MHC provides campus telephones to faculty and staff who need them to complete their work. LITS staff administer the phone system and configure and install phones. 

Supervisors should submit a request from this service in the following circumstances:

  • You've hired a new employee whose office is already set up with a phone, and you need it and the extension to be reassigned to them from a previous employee
  • You've hired a new employee whose office does not have a phone in it, and you'd like a new phone and/or extension to be provided for them
  • Someone on your team needs to be given a different extension than what they currently have
  • You or one of your employees has an analog phone that is not working and needs to be replaced with a VOIP phone


Who can use it?

  • MHC staff supervisors on behalf of their employees/reports
  • Academic department coordinators on behalf of faculty in their department


How do I get it?

Request new phone setup or phone reassignment using the "Request New or Reassigned Phone" button on this page.



Phone reassignment and setup requests are processed during regular business hours when the College is open.


You might also be interested in

Based on your interest in this service, we think you may also be interested in the following LITS services:

Request New or Reassigned Phone

Related Articles (5)

Instructions for restarting an Avaya phone.
Setting your Avaya phone to forward calls to your cell phone.
Log into your MHC voicemail and record your name.
When is a new employee's account created and how do you know? Getting a OneCard. Useful links to share with them.
Guidance for MHC faculty and staff who are moving offices and have questions about moving their computer and phone.


Service ID: 409
Mon 6/26/23 11:55 AM
Mon 6/17/24 1:27 PM